Shootings and Stabbings Due To Negligent Security
Get an attorney in Salt Lake City who can demand compensation
Being shot or stabbed can be a traumatic experience. Often, shooting or stabbing victims sustain serious injuries. Fatalities are common, as well. Worst of all, many shootings and stabbings could have been prevented. That’s because many violent attacks occur because the owner of the property where the stabbing or shooting took place didn’t take the necessary precautions to protect the public’s safety.
If this happened to you or a loved one in Utah, make sure you take your negligent security case seriously right from the start. Make sure you talk to attorney Randy M. Andrus. He and his skilled legal team at Andrus Law Firm in Salt Lake City know the laws that often apply to these cases. We understand how the legal system works in Utah. That’s why we have such a strong track record of success.
Attorney Andrus gained such in-depth knowledge of negligent security cases based on three decades of legal experience. As a result, he knows what questions to ask and what evidence to look for when investigating claims. He knows how to negotiate effectively with insurance companies. If they refuse to cooperate, he will not hesitate to file a lawsuit on behalf of you or your family. You can count on our law firm when it matters most.
What does negligent security have to do with shootings or stabbings?
Many shootings and stabbings take place in bars and nightclubs as well as dangerous parking lots and parking garages. That’s because the owners of these properties sometimes do not take the necessary steps to protect the health and safety of customers or anyone legally on the premises.
Failure to take reasonable precautions to protect public safety may constitute negligent security. Specifically, the law states that property owners must take the necessary precautions to reasonably protect people lawfully using their property. Reasonable safety precautions can include:
- Functioning security cameras on the premises.
- Making sure someone is actively monitoring security cameras during business hours.
- Security guards, especially at a nightclub or a business in a high crime area.
- Emergency exits locked on the outside so intruders cannot get into a building.
This is just a small sampling of some of the security lapses that can result in a stabbing, shooting or another violent crime. When this happens, the property owner needs to be held accountable for their actions. An attorney can help you do that and much more.
Who can I sue if I was shot or stabbed?
Often, you can file a lawsuit against the property owner who failed to take reasonable safety precautions to protect the public’s safety. This area of negligent security law often involves premises liability law, which simply involves the rights and responsibilities of the property owner. Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be able to take legal action against other parties in addition to the owner of the building, including:
- The property’s landlord or management company.
- The security company hired to protect people on the premises.
- The maintenance company responsible for maintaining the property, especially if there were no working security cameras, no security lights, no functioning security doors, or other examples of negligent building maintenance.
- The insurance company for any of these companies, as well as the property owner, especially if the insurance company denies your negligent security claim.
Don’t underestimate the complexity of your legal case. If you or a loved one was stabbed or shot, make sure you fully understand your rights. Make sure you talk to an experienced attorney who can demand justice for you.
Why should I hire a negligent security attorney if I was shot or stabbed?
The stakes are high in many shootings or stabbings involving negligent security. Depending the severity of your injuries, the length of your recovery and other factors, your injury claim could be worth thousands or millions of dollars.
A negligent security attorney can demand the financial compensation you deserve, along with helping you in many other ways, including:
- Thoroughly investigate your shooting or stabbing
- Make sure you receive the medical care you need to fully recover
- Handle all the legal paperwork often associated with complex cases
- Deal directly with the insurance company representing the property owner
- Take legal action if necessary – including filing a negligent security lawsuit or wrongful death lawsuit
- Represent you at all court proceedings if your case goes to trial
Focus on what matters most – your recovery. You can count on our law firm to take care of everything else for you and your family.
Put your trust in a law firm that puts your needs first
The physical, emotional, and psychological trauma of being shot or stabbed can be overwhelming. You don’t have to deal with your attack on your own. Contact our law firm and learn more about your legal rights. Schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced negligent security lawyer you can trust – Randy M. Andrus in Salt Lake City. He can demand justice for you.