Sexual Harassment and Quid Pro Quo
Complex cases require an experienced Salt Lake City harassment attorney
Quid pro quo legal cases often involve sexual harassment in the workplace. A co-worker – or often a supervisor – might make unwanted sexual advances and offer a promotion at work or something else in exchange. When they do, they have broken the law. That’s why it’s important to talk to a sexual harassment lawyer right away about the legal options available to you.
We get it at the Andrus Law Firm in Salt Lake City. We know how upsetting and complicated these cases can be. That’s why we want to meet with you as soon as possible. Utah sexual harassment attorney Randy M. Andrus and the legal team have handled such complex cases for years. We know the law. We understand what strategies work and we have the case results to prove it.
Types of cases involving quid pro quo and sexual harassment
- Offer or request sexual favors in exchange for a job promotion
- Offer or request sexual favors in exchange for a raise
- Request or offer sexual contact in exchange for performing some of your job duties
- A supervisor asking an employee out for a date in exchange for a raise or promotion
These cases also often involve another element – retaliation. If you said no and refused to go out on a date or have sex with this person, they might have retaliated against you. Such retaliation could range from demoting you, transferring you to another department, denying your raise request or even wrongfully terminating you. Whatever the circumstances of your case, we want to help you.
Talk privately with a Utah harassment lawyer you can trust to stand up for you
While the actual quid pro quo part of many sexual harassment cases might seem straightforward in many ways, these types of cases often turn out to be extremely complicated. Why? There are many reasons.
- The person who harassed you might deny ever making such an offer.
- The harasser might try to claim you somehow harassed them.
- Your employer might take the other person’s side and fight your harassment complaint.
Having an experienced sexual harassment attorney on your side can often make a dramatic difference in your case. We can make sure your voice is heard loud and clear. We can defend your rights and represent you in court if necessary.